Bread lovers on a keto diet, rejoice! Keto Crescent Rolls are here to satisfy your carb cravings without the guilt. These rich and tender rolls make an addition, to any meal. They provide all the comforting goodness of classic crescent rolls. With fewer carbs. Created using flour, mozzarella, cream cheese and a handful of basic ingredients these rolls are not only suitable, for those following a keto diet but also incredibly flavorful.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional, for texture)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Melted butter for brushing (optional)
- Preheat & Prep: To begin make sure your oven is preheated to 375°F (190°C). Then take a baking sheet. Cover it with parchment paper.
- Cheese Melt: Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl that’s safe to use in the microwave. Heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time stirring after each interval until the cheeses are completely melted and blended together.
- Dough Formation: Combine the flour, egg, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt with the cheese mixture. Stir until a dough is formed.
- Shape the Rolls: Divide the dough into eight parts. Take each part. Roll it out into a triangle shape then carefully roll it up to create a crescent shape.
- Bake: Put the crescents onto the baking sheet that you have prepared. If you like you can brush them with butter. Bake them in the oven for around 15 to 18 minutes. Until they turn a golden brown color.
- Serve & Enjoy: Once they are taken out of the oven allow them to cool down a bit before serving. You can enjoy your Keto Crescent Rolls with any keto spread you like or as a side dish, for any meal.
How Many Calories in a Keto Crescent Roll?
When it comes to Keto Crescent Rolls, you can enjoy the buttery goodness without the hefty calorie count of traditional crescent rolls. A typical Keto Crescent Roll has around 150 calories, on average. The exact calorie count may vary depending on the ingredients and portion sizes you choose.
It’s important to note that these rolls aren’t just low in carbs but rich in fats and protein which makes them a nutritious option, for individuals following a keto diet.
Are Crescent Rolls and Croissants the Same Thing?
While Keto Crescent Rolls and croissants might look somewhat similar and both have a delightful flaky texture, they are distinct in their composition and origins. Crescent rolls are usually crafted with layers giving them a bread like texture inside.
On the contrary croissants are renowned, for their buttery layers, which are achieved through a process of folding and rolling the dough. Therefore although there may be some similarities, between them each offers a flavor and texture experience.
Keto Crescent Rolls
Dive into the world of Keto Crescent Rolls! Enjoy the buttery, flaky goodness of traditional crescent rolls but with a keto twist.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until fully melted.
- Add flour, egg, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt to the cheese mix. Stir to form dough.
- Divide dough into eight. Shape each into a triangle, then roll into a crescent.
- Place crescents on the prepared sheet. Optionally, brush with butter. Bake 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, then enjoy with your favorite keto spread or as a side dish.
- Fresh out of the oven, paired with your favorite keto spread or as a side dish.
Can You Put Crescent Rolls in an Air Fryer?
Absolutely! Keto Crescent Rolls can be cooked in an air fryer, offering a quicker and potentially crispier alternative to oven baking. To begin you’ll want to preheat your air fryer to a temperature of 350°F (175°C).
Next carefully place the crescent rolls into the air fryer basket making sure they are not touching one another. Cook them for 8 10 minutes. Until they achieve a delightful golden brown color. It’s important to note that cooking time may slightly differ depending on the model of your air fryer so its recommended to keep a watch, on them to prevent any overcooking.
Keto Crescent Rolls are a testament to the fact that you don’t have to give up your favorite foods when following a keto diet. By using some imagination and selecting the ingredients you can savor your dishes without exceeding your carbohydrate intake. These crescent rolls are an indulgence, not, for individuals following a keto diet but also, for anyone who appreciates a delicious and buttery roll.