Have you ever dreamed of exploring the flavors of countries without compromising your keto diet? Our Keto Shakshuka is your ticket! Are you ready to explore and indulge in the flavors of a carb adaptation of the classic shakshuka dish? Lets dive into this adventure and start cooking!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Your Step by Step Guide to Keto Shakshuka
- Sauté Veggies: Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Sauté the onion, garlic and bell pepper until they become soft.
- Add Spices: Stir in the paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in Tomatoes: Add the chopped tomatoes. Allow the mixture to simmer until it becomes thicker.
- Crack Eggs: Create indentations, in the tomato mixture. Carefully break an egg into each indentation.
- Cook Eggs: Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook until the eggs are cooked to your level of doneness.
Tips for the Perfect Keto Shakshuka
Use Fresh Eggs
For the best results, use fresh eggs. They’ll give your Keto Shakshuka a rich, creamy texture.
Don’t Overcook the Eggs
The eggs should be cooked until they are just set, with a center to achieve the ideal shakshuka experience.
How Many Carbs Are in Traditional Shakshuka?
Shakshuka in its form is generally considered to be a dish that’s not very high, in carbohydrates. However it may still contain 10 15 grams of carbs per serving.
These carbs primarily come from the tomatoes used in the recipe and occasionally, from the addition of sugar. However, our Keto Shakshuka recipe slashes those carb counts even further by using keto-friendly ingredients.
Keto Shakshuka: A Low-Carb Take on a Global Favorite
Our Keto Shakshuka combines traditional Middle Eastern flavors in a low-carb, nutrient-rich dish that’s perfect for any meal.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Sauté the onion, garlic and bell pepper until they become soft.
- Stir in the paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Allow the mixture to simmer until it becomes thicker.
- Create indentations, in the tomato mixture. Carefully break an egg into each indentation.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook until the eggs are cooked to your level of doneness.
- The eggs should be cooked until they are just set, with a center to achieve the ideal shakshuka experience.
Is Shakshuka Keto-Friendly?
Although traditional shakshuka generally contains carbohydrates it may not fully adhere to the keto diet because certain recipes include sugar. Our Keto Shakshuka, on the other hand, is designed to fit perfectly within a ketogenic diet.
We have removed any ingredients that’re high, in carbohydrates and instead concentrated on those that provide flavor without the added carbs ensuring that this dish is suitable, for a keto diet.
What to Serve with Keto Shakshuka?
Pairing the right side dish with your Keto Shakshuka can elevate your meal to the next level. If you’re looking for a breakfast you might want to try serving it with some slices of bread that’re suitable, for a keto diet.
If you’re having it for lunch or dinner instead adding a side of leafy greens such as spinach or arugula, with a light vinaigrette dressing can provide a contrast. For those who enjoy flavors including a side of keto friendly tabbouleh made with cauliflower rice can be a delightful choice.
Our Keto Shakshuka is more than just a meal; it’s a culinary adventure that fits perfectly into your keto lifestyle. Whether you’re new, to shakshuka or someone who knows their way around it this keto friendly adaptation is definitely worth a try. So why not embark on a journey, from your own kitchen and satisfy those taste buds?