Roll up for a delightful treat! These Keto Ham and Cheese Pinwheels are the perfect snack, appetizer, or even a light lunch. Prepare yourself for a journey where the delectable flavor of ham combines harmoniously with the richness of cheese all nestled within a keto friendly dough that offers a perfect balance of softness and crispiness. This experience will not please your taste buds. Also captivate your visual senses.
Keto Ham and Cheese Pinwheel Ingredients
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 lb deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the Dough: Start by putting flour coconut flour, xanthan gum and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Then add the cream cheese and egg to the mixture. Keep mixing until you have a dough consistency.
- Roll Out the Dough: Take the dough. Place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a pin to flatten it into a shape.
- Add Fillings: Place the sliced ham on top of the dough. Then sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over it.
- Roll and Slice: Start by rolling the dough from one side, to the other creating a log shape. Then carefully slice the log into pinwheels of your thickness.
- Bake: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Put the pinwheels on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake them for about 12 to 15 minutes or until they turn a golden brown color.
- Serve: After you’ve finished baking them allow the pastries to cool for a bit. If you’d like you can add some chopped parsley as a garnish. Serve Keto Ham and Cheese Pinwheel while they’re still warm.
Are Ham and Cheese Pinwheels Keto-Friendly?
Definitely! By incorporating almond and coconut flours into our dough we guarantee that these pinwheels are both low, in carbohydrates and bursting with taste. The pairing of ham and cheese is not a timeless favorite. Its also approved for those following a ketogenic diet making these pinwheels an ideal option, for them.
Can I Use Different Fillings?
Absolutely! While ham and cheese have always been a combination don’t hesitate to think outside the box. You can switch out the ham for turkey. Even throw in some veggies, like spinach or bell peppers. The keto dough acts as a foundation giving you the freedom to personalize the pinwheels according to your taste preferences.
How Do I Store Leftover Keto Ham and Cheese Pinwheels?
If you happen to have any leftovers it’s best to store them in a sealed container, in the refrigerator. This way they can stay fresh for three days. When you’re ready to savor them simply pop them in the oven for a few minutes to regain their crispy texture.
Twisted Temptations: Keto Ham and Cheese Pinwheel Bites
Twirl into flavor with Keto Ham and Cheese Pinwheels! A perfect blend of savory ham, rich cheese, and keto-friendly dough.
- Start by putting flour coconut flour, xanthan gum and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Then add the cream cheese and egg to the mixture. Keep mixing until you have a dough consistency.
- Take the dough. Place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a pin to flatten it into a shape.
- Place the sliced ham on top of the dough. Then sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over it.
- Start by rolling the dough from one side, to the other creating a log shape. Then carefully slice the log into pinwheels of your thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Put the pinwheels on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake them for about 12 to 15 minutes or until they turn a golden brown color.
- After you’ve finished baking them allow the pastries to cool for a bit. If you’d like you can add some chopped parsley as a garnish. Serve them while they’re still warm.
- Make sure you roll the dough evenly so that it bakes consistently and the layers of ham and cheese are evenly distributed.
- You can add a hint of paprika or cayenne pepper, to the dough mixture for an added burst of flavor.
- Serve it with a side of mustard or aioli thats suitable, for a keto diet for dipping.
Is Ham OK on Keto Diet?
Absolutely! Ham is an option, for individuals following a keto diet because it contains amounts of protein and tends to be low, in carbohydrates. However it’s crucial to exercise caution when it comes to hams that may contain added sugars or glazes during holiday seasons. I recommend checking the label or inquiring about the ingredients before making a purchase to ensure that it aligns with your keto goals.
Can You Eat Halloumi on Keto?
Yes halloumi is a cheese that fits well into a keto diet. It has an amount of fat and a moderate level of protein while containing few carbs. What sets it apart is its texture, which lets you grill or fry it without it melting. This makes it a versatile ingredient that can be used in keto recipes. Plus, its salty flavor complements many foods, including our keto ham and cheese pinwheels!
What Kind of Ham is Keto Friendly?
When searching for ham that fits within the keto diet it’s important to choose options that are not cured and do not contain any added sugars or honey glazes. Some processed hams may have fillers or additives that can increase the carbohydrate content. It is essential to read the labels. Ideally opt for hams that list meat, water and natural seasonings as the ingredients, without any sugars.
One of the things, about the keto diet is how adaptable it is. The wide variety of foods you can savor. Whether it’s the savory taste of ham, the unique texture of halloumi, or the delightful crunch of our keto ham and cheese pinwheels, there’s always a way to satisfy your cravings while staying true to your keto journey. Explore the journey of uncovering delicious variations of beloved classics that fit perfectly into your keto lifestyle!