Have you ever embarked on a keto diet. Experienced the longing, for the satisfaction of rice? I can completely relate to that. Guess what? I’ve discovered the remedy! Today, I’m spilling the beans on my keto Thai broccoli rice recipe. It’s not, about being low, in carbohydrates; this dish is bursting with flavors that will surely delight your taste buds. Are you ready to indulge? Lets get started!
Keto Thai Broccoli Rice Recipe Ingredients
- A handful of salted peanuts (about 100g)
- 1 big broccoli head (chop up the florets and slice the stem in half)
- 2 generous drizzles of olive oil
- 1 red onion (chop it up real fine)
- 1 garlic clove (give it a good crush)
- A piece of ginger, about the size of your thumb, grated
- 1 medium red chilli (take out the seeds and chop it up)
- Half of a small red cabbage (shred it up)
- 1 red pepper (deseed it and slice into thin strips)
- A small bunch of coriander (chop it up roughly)
Keto Thai Broccoli Rice Recipe: A Yummy Low-Carb Delight!
Discover the benefits of our keto Thai broccoli rice recipe! Swap traditional rice for a nutritious broccoli alternative.
- Toast the peanuts in a pan until golden, then set them aside.
- Blitz the broccoli in a food processor until it resembles tiny green grains.
- In a pan with olive oil, sauté onion, garlic, ginger, and chilli. Add the broccoli rice and cook until just right.
- Stir in the red cabbage, red pepper, some coriander, and half the toasted peanuts.
- Combine lime zest, lime juice, tamari, xylitol, and olive oil. Drizzle over the broccoli rice and garnish with coriander and peanuts before serving.
- Broccoli Alert: Don’t go overboard with the processing. We want grainy, not a broccoli smoothie!
- Spice It Up: Love some heat? Add more chilli. Not a fan? Use less.
- Keep It Fresh: Made too much? No worries! Store it in the fridge, and it’s good for 3 days. Meal prep, anyone?
For that Zesty Dressing
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of tamari
- Half a tablespoon of xylitol
- Another 2 drizzles of olive oil
Let’s Whip It Up
- Broccoli Magic: Start by toasting the peanuts in a pan until they turn a color. Once done set them aside. Next place the broccoli in a food processor. Process it until it resembles green grains. And there you have it homemade broccoli rice!
- Veggie Party: In a pan heat up some olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chili. Once they become fragrant. Blend together put in the broccoli rice. Let it cook for a minutes until it reaches the desired texture. Not mushy not too firm.
- Next add the cabbage, red pepper, a bit of coriander and half of the toasted peanuts. Give everything a stir!
- Dress to Impress: Combine the zest of lime, lime juice, tamari sauce, xylitol and olive oil. Pour this mixture over your broccoli rice. When you’re ready to serve sprinkle the remaining coriander and peanuts on top.
Keto Thai Broccoli Rice Recipe Quick Tips
Broccoli Alert: Don’t go overboard with the processing. We want grainy, not a broccoli smoothie!
Spice It Up: Love some heat? Add more chilli. Not a fan? Use less.
Keep It Fresh: Made too much? No worries! Store it in the fridge, and it’s good for 3 days. Meal prep, anyone?
Can I Substitute Broccoli for Rice?
Definitely! Broccoli rice is an option, for those looking to reduce their carb intake compared to rice. All you need to do is chop up some broccoli florets in a food processor until they resemble grains and voila! You have a foundation, for dishes. Its particularly favored by individuals following keto or paleo diets. It adds a vegetable twist to your meals.
How Healthy is Broccoli Rice?
Keto Thai broccoli rice recipe is incredibly nutritious! Its filled with fiber, essential vitamins and important minerals which makes it a great option of rice. When you switch to broccoli rice you’re not reducing your carb intake. Also enriching your meal with antioxidants, vitamin C and iron. It’s a choice that benefits both your taste buds and overall well being!
This Keto Thai Broccoli Rice Recipe isn’t just a dish; it’s an experience. It’s colorful, tasty, and oh-so-satisfying. Whether you’re fully invested in the keto lifestyle or simply looking to explore nutritious options this recipe is worth giving a shot. Have fun in the kitchen and savor every morsel!