Do you ever have those moments when you really want some fries. Then you start feeling guilty, about it? Well we’ve come up with a solution, for you; Frozen Zucchini Fries! These crunchy and mouthwatering french fries are not better, for your health. They’re also incredibly simple to whip up. Lets get started!
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into fries
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Frozen Zucchini Fries
- Prep the Zucchini: Cut the zucchinis into shapes, to fries. Ensure they are of size to ensure cooking.
- Coat Them: Take each zucchini fry. Dip it into the beaten egg. After that coat it with a mixture of almond flour and spices.
- Freeze: Arrange the zucchini fries that have been coated on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Bake: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Cook the zucchini fries that are frozen for about 20 to 25 minutes flipping them over once in the middle of the cooking time.
- Serve: Indulge, in the goodness of piping Frozen Zucchini Fries perfectly complemented by your preferred dipping sauce!
Why Choose Frozen Zucchini Fries?
Traditional fries can pack a lot of carbs. Our Frozen Zucchini Fries, however, are a low-carb alternative that still satisfies your fry cravings. In a few steps you can prepare a batch of these fries that are perfect to have on hand. The best part is, they can be stored in the freezer too!
Should I Freeze Zucchini Before Frying?
Freezing zucchini before frying is a great idea, especially for our Frozen Zucchini Fries recipe. Freezing the zucchini before coating it with flour helps to create a texture and ensures that the coating sticks well. Additionally this method allows you to prepare the fries ahead of time and cook them whenever its convenient, for you.
Can You Freeze Zucchini for Fries?
Definitely! You can absolutely freeze zucchini to use for making fries. Freezing it not adds convenience to the preparation process. It also improves the texture of the fries. Just be sure to follow the freezing instructions mentioned in the recipe, for outcomes.
Frozen Zucchini Fries: A Crispy, Healthy Alternative
Craving fries but want to keep it healthy? Try our Frozen Zucchini Fries! They’re crispy, delicious, and guilt-free. Your new go-to snack is here!
- Cut the zucchinis into shapes, to fries. Ensure they are of size to ensure cooking.
- Take each zucchini fry. Dip it into the beaten egg. After that coat it with a mixture of almond flour and spices.
- Arrange the zucchini fries that have been coated on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Cook the zucchini fries that are frozen for about 20 to 25 minutes flipping them over once in the middle of the cooking time.
- Indulge, in the goodness of piping Frozen Zucchini Fries perfectly complemented by your preferred dipping sauce!
- Freezing helps the coating adhere better, resulting in crispier fries.
How Do You Freeze Zucchini for Zucchini Fries?
Freezing zucchini for Frozen Zucchini Fries is simple. Once you have sliced the zucchini into fry shaped pieces. Covered them with the mixture of flour arrange them on a baking sheet in a way that they are not overlapping.
Put the baking sheet in the freezer for 2 hours until they become firm. If you want to store them for a period transfer them to a ziplock bag. Alternatively you can bake them directly from the freezer.
Can Zucchini Be Breaded and Frozen?
Yes, zucchini can be breaded and frozen, and it works wonderfully for our Frozen Zucchini Fries. Almond flour works great as a coating, for the zucchini sticking well when frozen and baked. It’s a method to prepare a portion of zucchini fries for enjoying later.
Our Frozen Zucchini Fries are a game-changer in the world of healthy snacks. They’re absolutely scrumptious. The best part is that they’re guilt free. So whenever you’re craving fries why not give these zucchini delights a shot? You won’t be disappointed!