Are you, in the mood, for some comfort food. Don’t want to go overboard on carbs? Say hello to Keto Italian Wedding Soup! This recipe puts a keto twist, on the Italian Wedding Soup capturing all the traditional flavors. Are you ready to indulge in this creation? Lets dive into the kitchen and start cooking!
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step by Step Guide to Keto Italian Wedding Soup
- Make the Meatballs: Mix together the ground chicken half of the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into bite meatballs.
- Sauté Veggies: In a saucepan cook the chopped onion and minced garlic until they become see through.
- Add Broth: Put the chicken broth into the pot. Heat it until it reaches a simmer.
- Cook Meatballs: Carefully place the meatballs into the simmering broth. Allow them to cook until they rise to the surface.
- Add Spinach: Add the chopped spinach to the mixture. Cook it until it becomes wilted.
Tips for the Perfect Keto Italian Wedding Soup
Use Fresh Ingredients
The success of this dish relies heavily on the quality of the meat and vegetables you use. It is crucial to choose the ingredients to achieve the most delicious flavor.
Don’t Overcook the Meatballs
The meatballs really steal the show in this dish so make sure to avoid overcooking them. You want them to be moist and flavorful not dry and tough.
How Many Carbs in a Bowl of Traditional Italian Wedding Soup?
Italian Wedding Soup is often high, in carbohydrates because it typically includes pasta, rice and occasionally breadcrumbs, in the meatballs. A single serving can contain 15 to 30 grams of carbs.
However, our Keto Italian Wedding Soup is a game-changer. By excluding the pasta and incorporating ingredients that align with a keto diet you can relish a bowl of this dish while keeping your carbohydrate intake low as 5 grams!
Keto Italian Wedding Soup: A Low-Carb Twist on a Beloved Classic
Looking for a keto-friendly Italian dish? Our Keto Italian Wedding Soup combines traditional Italian flavors in a low-carb, high-flavor soup.
- Mix together the ground chicken half of the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into bite meatballs.
- In a saucepan cook the chopped onion and minced garlic until they become see through.
- Put the chicken broth into the pot. Heat it until it reaches a simmer.
- Carefully place the meatballs into the simmering broth. Allow them to cook until they rise to the surface.
- Add the chopped spinach to the mixture. Cook it until it becomes wilted.
- The success of this dish relies heavily on the quality of the meat and vegetables you use.
Is Italian Wedding Soup Keto-Friendly?
While the classic version of Italian Wedding Soup is not keto-friendly due to its carb content, our Keto Italian Wedding Soup certainly is!
We’ve made some substitutions, such, as opting for ground chicken of traditional meatballs and prioritizing low carb vegetables, like spinach. The outcome is an satisfying soup that perfectly fits into your keto lifestyle.
What Is a Substitute for Escarole in Keto Italian Wedding Soup?
Escarole is an used ingredient, in the Italian Wedding Soup although it may not always be easily accessible. If you’re making Keto Italian Wedding Soup and can’t find escarole, don’t worry!
Spinach is an option to consider as a replacement. It has carbs. Is packed with nutrients making it an ideal choice, for this dish that follows the keto diet. You can also try using kale or Swiss chard as alternatives as they provide a texture and nutritional value.
Our Keto Italian Wedding Soup is more than just a meal; it’s a celebration of Italian flavors in a keto-friendly package. Whether you’ve been following a keto diet for a while or are just beginning your adventure you absolutely have to give this soup a try. So go ahead. Embrace this favorite with a keto friendly spin!